On March 18, 2020, the UNPS Board of Education convened a Special Board Meeting to address the growing concerns regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, Umonhon Nation Public School will be closed indefinitely or until it is deemed safe to return by the CDC, Public Health Department and the State of Nebraska. Please note the following:
• The UNPS Administrative Team will continue to work throughout this time to develop and implement a comprehensive plan to distribute food, hygiene products, and educational enrichment packets to each and every student.
• Please refer to the Food Distribution Flyer posted on Facebook and the UNPS District Homepage for specific times and locations for grocery pick-up. (Image Below)
• Strongly encourage your children to work on the educational enrichment activities that will be provided to them and refer to the UNPS Homepage for links to a variety of educational and interactive activities.
• All UNPS facilities will be closed to the community and non-administrative UNPS staff for the duration of the closure. Community requests to rent the facilities will not be taken at this time.
• We ask that each and every household closely follow the recommendation of the CDC to shelter in place, reduce gatherings to ten or fewer individuals and practice diligent hygiene in an effort to protect our most vulnerable community members.
These are trying times and we are doing our very best to make decisions that ensure the safety of our students, staff, and the community of Macy. We look forward to the day we can welcome our UNPS Family back, until then, please stay safe.